Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
Theatticvintageco

Bijork Violently Happy Tee? RAW Brand/Tag

Post by Theatticvintageco »

So my boyfriend recently found me this violently happy tee . I figure it might be a headship repro but I'm not so familiar with raw label. Any advice would be nice. The screen print is seamless. Single stitch hem and sleeves, the only weird thing is the cropped head

Imageh
Attachments
RAW T-Shirt Brand Tag
RAW T-Shirt Brand Tag
Violently Happy Bjork Tee
Violently Happy Bjork Tee

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Bijork Violently Happy Tee?

Post by jimmyj »

I dont know if Bjork tees have been repro'd. It wouldnt surprise me that labels would be obscure given where shes from and her fan base. But I have no experience with her tees so Ill ask a seller on this system who does.
Jimmy J

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Bijork Violently Happy Tee?

Post by jimmyj »

E from The Nostalgeec replied with this:

Hey JJ,

Yeah that's a legit 90s UK brand, I have a couple of tees with RAW tag on the shop: the black Spacemen 3 and the long sleeve Drop Nineteens. (http://www.defunkd.com/search/result/brand/RAW) But I don't know about the design, could be a bootleg or tour only piece, since I don't see it in the original Bjork merch catalogue from that "Debut" era (see attached picture).

Either way I think you'd get in the $150 range.
Attachments
Bjork merch catalogue from that "Debut" era
Bjork merch catalogue from that "Debut" era
Bjork - tshirtsform2_resize.jpg (124.76 KiB) Viewed 4805 times
Jimmy J

Theatticvintageco

Re: Bijork Violently Happy Tee? RAW Brand/Tag

Post by Theatticvintageco »

Thanks guys! I might just keep this one for a bit. But I am happy it's got it's little value!

zargosh

Re: Bijork Violently Happy Tee? RAW Brand/Tag

Post by zargosh »

Where do you source "merch catalogues?" I've come across some occasionally, but pretty randomly and rarely. It seems like they would come in handy to have. Are you picking these things up on ebay, or are they digitized online somewhere, or something else entirely?

thanks,
Mark