Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
gyoung501

Bootleg?

Post by gyoung501 »

I'm guessing it is because it's made in Honduras.
Gina
Attachments
Bootleg?
image.jpg (96.91 KiB) Viewed 6615 times
Bootleg?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Bootleg? PEDINI Print w/Hanes Tag

Post by jimmyj »

Hmmmm. First question ...what is that print? It looks sort of like the 60s Hanes - I've never seen that incarnation. It looks plastic - is it? The mixed upper and lower case logo came about in the 70s I believe. What's the pit to pit measurement?
Jimmy J

gyoung501

Re: Bootleg?

Post by gyoung501 »

I have no idea who Pedini is. I thought it looked late 60's, early 70's. The Hanes tag is the top tag, the 2nd tag is the one with the lower case letters. They feel like coated paper, not cloth. The pit to pit measurement is 22".
Gina

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

ahh. ok well two tags usually indicates more modern day. Usually 2000+ but started mid 90s I believe. 22" for an XL in the 60s or 70s is not common...so u probaby have a 90s tee as 2000+ XLs are bigger than that.
Jimmy J

timetraveltees

Post by timetraveltees »

I think this shirt is actually as close to brand spanking new as you can get. Hanes is using that vintage inspired tag right now on some of their more form fitting tees. I got a Toad the Wet Sprocket shirt from their Kickstarter campaign last year and it was printed on that same tag. I got a 3X and it fits like a 2X basically so that measurement for XL doesn't seem out of the question. And that design definitely seems more modern to me on top of everything else.

Inmind

Post by Inmind »

I have to agree with timetravel. I've been seeing this tag on tons of new Hanes tees in the last 2 years or so.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Well, there ya have it - it's brand spanking new. I'm out of the loop on modern day tags. Throwback tags = :evil:
Jimmy J

waxandthreads

Post by waxandthreads »

A couple of years ago when I first saw that tag in a thrift store I thought I had hit the jackpot haha. It still stops me in my tracks when I see it now (which is all of the freakin time).