Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
Faeizjaafar

Hook-ups tee Legit or Fake?

Post by Faeizjaafar »

Hi. I hope everyone is doing well.

I need help from you guys on this vintage hookup tee. I have 2 of it. But 1 of the tee, the hookup tag does not have the Made in USA wording at the behind of the tag and does not mention the size at the tag.

Is the item legit or fake? Can someone help me to declare this item?

Hereby i attach together with the photo
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Hookup tee Legit or Fake?

Post by jimmyj »

Here's a recent fake Hook-ups tag from Thailand.

I also did a quick search through the available Hook Ups tees on eBay and Etsy, and couldn't find another one without the size on the tag like yours.

One thing that struck me about the fake one below is that it's sewn under the flap, and not just sewn in. The other thing that's off with the one below is the dimensions of the tag, yours are taller.

When comparing yours - the one without the size looks to be on a canvas-type material. You'll also notice the teeth are different.

That said, I am not, by any means, an expert in this - I'm just looking into these tags for the first time, now. Maybe yours are both real, I just don't have the experience to make that call.

But see if you can find other examples of those shirts without the size on the tag/canvas.
Attachments
fake vintage hookups tag
fake vintage hookups tag
Jimmy J

Faeizjaafar

Re: Hookup tee Legit or Fake?

Post by Faeizjaafar »

jimmyj wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:27 pm Here's a recent fake Hook-ups tag from Thailand.

I also did a quick search through the available Hook Ups tees on eBay and Etsy, and couldn't find another one without the size on the tag like yours.

One thing that struck me about the fake one below is that it's sewn under the flap, and not just sewn in. The other thing that's off with the one below is the dimensions of the tag, yours are taller.

When comparing yours - the one without the size looks to be on a canvas-type material. You'll also notice the teeth are different.

That said, I am not, by any means, an expert in this - I'm just looking into these tags for the first time, now. Maybe yours are both real, I just don't have the experience to make that call.

But see if you can find other examples of those shirts without the size on the tag/canvas.
Noted. Thank you. I believe it is fake. Because the size of the logo on the tag also is in different size and the font also different from the real one. Thank you for your response

Simon lee

Re: Hook-ups tee Legit or Fake?

Post by Simon lee »

Hello friend. This is my opinion and my experience. I think this might be legit but don't know what year for the release and which one is release first. Because I already seen this tag before this and that's legit af . No sizing/no made in USA. But they have Washtag at the back of the tag if still have. For the size and made is at Washtag. But it's only my two cent opinion 🙏🏻