Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
timetraveltees

Nike Orange Tag Athletics West 1978

Post by timetraveltees »

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but I figured I'd check just to be positive. See the shirt in the below link, it's not mine but I found one that is identical except for the size in a lot that I bought a while back. The art has a copyright of 1978 but I'm pretty sure that's not the date of issue. It's an orange tag but has "limited issue" written on the back of the tag. I'm thinking it's gotta be some sort of Nike produced modern reproduction, no? Made in Macau seems to be a tip-off to this effect. That said, I couldn't find this same shirt anywhere except for this eBay listing so I wanted to check to see what ya'll thought. Let me know, thanks all.

- Mark

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150798126209

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Nike Orange Tag Athletics West 1978

Post by jimmyj »

Yeah I think it's a Nike repro - I have one similar from Portugal - also says limited issue on the back of the orange tag. Was excited about it until I saw that.
Jimmy J

Johnny65

Post by Johnny65 »

Yep. Modern repro.

Sorry :cry:
collective [kəˈlɛktɪv]
http://worn75.blogspot.com/

bodhi

Post by bodhi »

I've also come across a couple of the orange swoosh Nike Sportswear limited edition modern repros and, while it's not nearly as cool as finding an original I have found that these modern repros also have a market. I had a "Nike Sumo" piece go for $40 or so, and another "record breaker" (I think it was) go for $25. These have the classic-looking white tag with blue lettering and an orange swoosh, but also have a "limited edition" blurb printed on the inside back of the shirt (behind the tag). The link you posted won't open for me for some reason but that sounds like what you've got.

oscar

Post by oscar »

I get so mad when I find those in thrift stores!!!

maxvintage

Post by maxvintage »

ugh, same here. i found a pinwheel jacket recently and was so excited that i just grabbed it and bought it.

the buzz died whenever i got home and immediately saw that it was a repro :(