Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
dirtybastard

Vintage Nirvana In Utero Tee (Europe boot?)

Post by dirtybastard »

Hey, just got my hands on this tee. A bit unsure of the origin and if it is authentic in some way? If so, what would be a reasonable price for it? Great aging regarding to me, solid cracking and fade overall. The tag is super faded and I haven't been able to determine the exact name of it. Any idea?

Sizing is : Length 60 cm P2P 50cm.

Thank you very much and I highly appreciate any answers :geek:

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Nirvana (Europe boot?)

Post by jimmyj »

Can't really make out that tag. And yes, I agree it's a euro bootleg. From the In Utero era, 93-ish. It's genuine vintage though. I'm going to reach out to my Nirvana guy for a comment. He might be interested.

Are the sleeves/bottom double stitched? A lot of euro tees from that era and even before it - were already using double stitch, which is one of the many exceptions to the single stitch craze that's going on.
Jimmy J

dirtybastard

Post by dirtybastard »

Thanks for your reply, valuable information.

Regarding the stitching I am not sure, should I attach some close-up photos of the arms and bottom, both inside and outside? I tried to zoom in on the arms and bottom using the images I posted earlier but they tend to get a bit blurry, not sure if they are of any use. As I am traveling for work for 3 days I am not able to upload until Thursday the 24th, but ill do it asap once home again!

I would be more than happy if your Nirvana guy would have any interest in buying it, and if it turns out to be a rare piece of vintage Nirvana merch it would feel great passing it to someone that's passionate about it. :)

dirtybastard

Post by dirtybastard »

These are the zoomed-in images.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Yessir, double stitch. You might get some people saying that because it's double stitched it's more modern - but euro tees have been double stitched for far longer. The Nirvana expert says 93 or 94. He said he values it at around $250-300 in the condition it's in.
Jimmy J

dirtybastard

Re: Vintage Nirvana In Utero Tee (Europe boot?)

Post by dirtybastard »

All right, I see. Thanks!