Post a photo or link to an eBay listing and let the community weigh in on whether it's a true vintage tee.
lord ched

Playboy Channel- 80s

Post by lord ched »

Picked this up from tsue32 a while ago, and now feel like giving it the auction treatment- though I'm suspicious of the rough texture of the ink. Hard to tell from these photos, but the slogan is a little ill-defined for my liking. Front has well-defined edges, but still. Might have been a dashed-off promo to be worn at the cable company (making the anticipatory slogan make a little more sense) maybe like video store movie promos, which can sometimes be rush jobs.

The Sportswear tag is also seemingly accurate for the launch in 1982- golden yellow lettering with two brown lines underneath. But I remember another shirt in another size by another seller at the same time, a thing which now makes me go hmmm. Anybody remember these being bootlegged?
Attachments
Photo 2.jpg
Photo 2.jpg (87.48 KiB) Viewed 4153 times
Photo 1.jpg
Photo 1.jpg (81.08 KiB) Viewed 4153 times

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Playboy Channel- 80s

Post by jimmyj »

Lord! you're back!

Looks good to me, printing mishaps occur all the time. I doubt bootleggers had/have any interest in the Playboy channel. Keep it, with Hef's empire crumbling Playboy may be a thing of the past in the near future.
Jimmy J

Johnny65

Post by Johnny65 »

Nice piece!

Looks like the real thing to me.

http://worn75.blogspot.com/

lord ched

Post by lord ched »

I just saw that Playboy stuff tends to bid up decently, if mostly with the Playboy tag- so I thought it might make me some quick and dirty (if softcore) dollars and pay some bills.

I thought that it was a long shot for bootlegging, but the simple design also seemed like an easy scam to run- better safe than sorry.