Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
Supr4gdd55

Vintage Social Distortion tee

Post by Supr4gdd55 »

I have had this since the 90's and can't find anything like it online anywhere. My friend who was a big punk in the 80's gave me a bunch of his tees in the 90's and this I found going through a box of old clothes I had stored in the attic. pit to pit it is just a little over 20" and the tag is black and red Screen Stars Best 50/50 blend single stitch size large
. I wore it in the 90's as I love Social D so it's definitely vintage but I have never seen another one like this one. I hope someone can help - I'd love to get a back story on it and what its value may be.
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Vintage Social Distortion tee

Post by jimmyj »

Very cool, haven't seen! High likelihood it's a boot. Also no record on Google lens. SD is one of those punk bands that got booted a ton back then. Back in the 00s there was a company called Machete that had the TM, and was aggressively putting out VeRO claims against every vintage t-shirt. Not sure if that's still the case but just be aware if you post on eBay or Etsy.

Price-wise, SD isn't super valuable. Max out at around $200 according to eBay past sales data.

Maybe some fan might be looking for scarce boots? not sure. Gut says you'd get $75-100 for it, maybe.
Jimmy J

Supr4gdd55

Post by Supr4gdd55 »

Definitely Pre 00's I got this from Marcus in 1991 along with a Damned, Husker Du, Dead Kennedy's, Butthole Surfer's and Cramps shirts (gah we wore the hell out of them and this is the last survivor).I ran a record store from 1989 - 1995 and he was not only a friend but an employee (Record Giant was a small family run chain based out of Amsterdam NY - (my store was in Milford NH). Now that I am in my 50's I am kicking myself for getting rid of so many old punk shirts I had - need to retrieve some from my daughter. I also have a few vintage 90's leather jackets I am looking to sell - need a kitchen redo lol. Thank you again for your insight!!! I am a seller on eBay and I was hesitant about this one since I couldn't find anything. I was just about ready to post something on SD's FB page to see if anyone knew anything but then I found this gem of a site! :)

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Oh yeah, I know it's of the era for sure. Just meant in the 00s you have to be careful about trying to sell SD stuff on eBay.

Good luck with the kitchen reno!
Jimmy J

Supr4gdd55

Post by Supr4gdd55 »

jimmyj wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:08 pm Oh yeah, I know it's of the era for sure. Just meant in the 00s you have to be careful about trying to sell SD stuff on eBay.

Good luck with the kitchen reno!
Thank you Jimmy J!