Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
emardock

1987 Iron Maiden T-shirt

Post by emardock »

Back of Iron Maiden T-shirt
Back of Iron Maiden T-shirt
Tag
Tag
Iron Maiden '87
Iron Maiden '87
Iron Maiden '87
Iron Maiden '87
Hello! So I am normally a seller of vintage dresses, but I recently came into a lot of vintage band tees that are AMAZING.I see there have been reprints of this tee made, but this looks and feels original to me.

A few questions:
1. Obviously, what's it worth, as that's the name of the forum...
2. I'm not a seller on eBay. My dresses are sold via Etsy and instagram, which don't feel like the right platforms for this. But, if I'm not an established seller on eBay, will anyone buy this item?
3. There is some staining on the front of the tee towards the bottom-should I try to remove it? I'm pretty good at getting stains out of vintage dresses!
4. If not on eBay, then where to sell? Looks like this website is no longer an option?
Thanks!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: 1987 Iron Maiden T-shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Good score! what other goodies did you get?

This looks legit from here. Spring Ford is a ok.

Stainwise...yes as long as you dont risk damaging it.

eBay would be my top choice!

I remember these regularly going gor 500+ years ago. But if eBay is swamped by repros of it...
Jimmy J

emardock

Post by emardock »

Thanks for your reply!

The most notable ones I have are:

-2 Eric Clapton '79
-Heart '82
-Tom Petty '83
-Joan Jett '82
-Boston '79
-Van Halen '84 and '80
-This one I admit, I had to google the band- Humble Pie--not sure of the date, probably also late 70's or early 80's. I can't find anything like it online.

It's pretty wild! I was telling my husband I feel like I just found a suitcase full of money and I don't know how to launder it. :D

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

amazing love these stories
Jimmy J