Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
kygirl83

Elvis T-shirt (Survivor Elvis Ticket Sale)

Post by kygirl83 »

My grandmother has given me a t-shirt from when she stood in line for tickets the week Elvis died. It was in Lexington, KY at Rupp Arena. She bought the tickets and received a t-shirt that says "Survivor Elvis Ticket Sales". It's black, very soft and in mint condition. She is an avid Elvis fan and had it tucked away for 36 years. What would the value of this shirt be? I know that's not the best picture, however, I can post a better one when I get home. That was the day she gave it to me and took a picture of me wearing it. Since then it has not been worn. Thanks a bunch! - Andi
Attachments
Elvis T-shirt (Survivor Elvis Ticket Sale)
75385_1681851927102_1261691991_31837090_2309460_n.jpg (50.31 KiB) Viewed 4207 times

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Elvis T-shirt (Survivor Elvis Ticket Sale)

Post by jimmyj »

cool! What brand is the tag? Could make a huge difference in the value.

very cool piece. You and your granny should consider doing a write-up for this section of our blog:

http://www.defunkd.com/category/my-vintage-t-shirt/

let me know if you're interested.
Jimmy J

kygirl83

Post by kygirl83 »

I'm not sure what the tag says, but I will definitely get some pics posted on here when I get home this evening. I absolutely love this shirt and I feel so special that my grandmother gave it to me! My brother is a musician and was very jealous when I aquired the shirt lol!

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

As an Elvis fan and someone who regularly hunts for elvis tees, I can pretty much guarantee you that the shirt is worth more to you than a collector. If you do sell it, be sure to include the story in the description. Spend some time watching Elvis t-shirt auctions, I seldom see high prices/high bidding activity.
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!