Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
Rozaidi

REQUIRED VALIDATION OF OF MARILYN MONROE T-SHIRT

Post by Rozaidi »

Hi guys,
Can u guys lead me in any description about this shirt? The copyright, i cant read due to some words disappear.

Hanes tag on this shirt is quiet fascinating me...i unable to trace the origin of the shirt. Its a white tshirt with appearance of purple dye (either design or not, not sure) Single stitches Please tell me some information u got..tq man..
Attachments
Back 3
Back 3
Back 2
Back 2
Back 1
Back 1
Front 5
Front 5
Front 4
Front 4
Front 3
Front 3
Front 2
Front 2
Front 1
Front 1
Front tag
Front tag
Last back tag
Last back tag

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: REQUIRED VALIDATION OF OF MARILYN MONROE T-SHIRT

Post by jimmyj »

Hi there.

A member of our community uploaded this exact tag to our Hanes page in comments and said it was on a shirt from 1994, Always thought it to be later in the 90s but not fully sure.

Check the comments here:

https://www.defunkd.com/blog/2010/02/16/hanes/

Those extra stitches on the tag are interesting - is that what the tag under is attached to?
Jimmy J

Rozaidi

Post by Rozaidi »

Yes...the back tag is attached to the hanes tag.

Randomly assuming hanes colab with other designer or brand due to the copyright located at front hit and back hit of the shirt quite long. Hopefully somebody here can clarify the history behind this shirt.

Rozaidi

Post by Rozaidi »

jimmyj wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:20 pm Hi there.

A member of our community uploaded this exact tag to our Hanes page in comments and said it was on a shirt from 1994, Always thought it to be later in the 90s but not fully sure.

Check the comments here:

https://www.defunkd.com/blog/2010/02/16/hanes/

Those extra stitches on the tag are interesting - is that what the tag under is attached to?
Yes...the back tag is attached to the hanes tag.

Randomly assuming hanes colab with other designer or brand due to the copyright located at front hit and back hit of the shirt quite long. Hopefully somebody here can clarify the history behind this shirt.
Attachments
tag sewn in under hanes tag
tag sewn in under hanes tag

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Weirdest example of a sewn-in tag ever! I like your theory about a collaboration, but usually, they wouldn't hide their tag under like that. Could also be a secondary tag in another language to satisfy some law in another country.

I can make out quite a few words in the text - "estate of marilyn monroe all rights reserved" then I can see "norma jeand" in there, the word "estate" again "represented by the Roger Richman Agency of Beverly Hills"

So it's a licensed piece. Maybe that tag is something like this, this one claims to be from 1992.

"Love, Norma Jeane Collection"

I'd say dig around through all the Marilyn shirts on eBay and try to find one with that same series of text under it.
Attachments
love norma jeane collection tag
love norma jeane collection tag
Jimmy J

Rozaidi

Post by Rozaidi »

jimmyj wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:32 pm Weirdest example of a sewn-in tag ever! I like your theory about a collaboration, but usually, they wouldn't hide their tag under like that. Could also be a secondary tag in another language to satisfy some law in another country.

I can make out quite a few words in the text - "estate of marilyn monroe all rights reserved" then I can see "norma jeand" in there, the word "estate" again "represented by the Roger Richman Agency of Beverly Hills"

So it's a licensed piece. Maybe that tag is something like this, this one claims to be from 1992.

"Love, Norma Jeane Collection"

I'd say dig around through all the Marilyn shirts on eBay and try to find one with that same series of text under it.
Wow man, amazing finding. Tq for the great information. I will try to continue dig around and i will delightful to share any information regarding this shirt in this forum later. Tq...feel satisfy a bit 😊😊😊