Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
KevinDemuynck

Ramones - Teenage Lobotomy, asian print?

Post by KevinDemuynck »

This one has been bugging me for quite some time.

It's this long sleeve Ramones, Teenage lobotomy shirt that has details that blew my mind.

1. "Eat at chef wong's" is a reference to their third studio album "Rocket to Russia", released in 1977 (shirt is definitely not 70s)

2. the phrase "Eat at chef wong's" can also be found (same image) as "Eat at Joey's" which I haven't found the explanation too.

3. I know that around 2002 the album had a remaster and the shirt might be from that release? Yet I can't figure out why the markings are in an Asian language, which I still haven't found which language.

4. Label's been cut out so that makes it harder to date.

So yeah that's the info I already have! Would love to know if anyone has more info, a price check and maybe a gamble ob the date?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Ramones - Teenage Lobotomy, asian print?

Post by jimmyj »

Odd! I'm trying to find out what language that is. Maybe it just says RAMONES? Asking a few foreign friends. But yeah 2000s era seems right, interesting about the wong's and joe's. All the one's I'm seeing for sale say joe's.
Jimmy J

KevinDemuynck

Post by KevinDemuynck »

My first thought immediately went to early 2000s. It definitely says Ramones or atleast it should, compared to other prints.

It's my Odd one, it's been in my collection for close to 5 years now, found it in a church sale.

Thanks Jimmy for the help!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

A church sale! :lol: I'll let ya know when I hear back.
Jimmy J

zargosh

Post by zargosh »

It says Ramones in Japanese. I used Google Lens which pulls up the translation. Very cool app. In case you use it in the future, Lens doesn't tell you what language it's being translated from, which is odd. But then you can hit a button to take it into google translate and that will give you the language

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Awesome thanks M! I was wondering about Lens - I keep seeing it on my traffic reports, gotta check it ou.
Jimmy J

KevinDemuynck

Post by KevinDemuynck »

I always use google lens but never thought of linking to translate, thanks for that tip!

So we now know it's japanese. Which makes it even more odd as I've got no knowledge about vintage tees that link to Japan.