If you're on the hunt for a specific vintage t-shirt post it here.
JerryIsBored

Joe T. Garcia's Tropical Bar Shirt

Post by JerryIsBored »

Hey all,

Recently while looking for old shirt designs I came across a few pictures of David Gilmour (guitarist for Pink Floyd) wearing a Joe T. Garcia's shirt in 1977. The design advertises the restaurant as "Joe T. Garcia's Tropical Bar", and scouring the internet came up with nothing relating to the restaurant advertising itself in this way. If anybody (probably from the restaurant's area; Ft. Worth-Dallas) would happen to know anything about this shirt or has one, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pictures:

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Joe T. Garcia's Tropical Bar Shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Awesome, I love stuff like this.

I checked Worthpoint and did find some old Joe T's plates and a few matchbooks.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... 3697453108

But there's no record of a shirt ever selling.

:cry:
Jimmy J

zargosh

Post by zargosh »

Did you try contacting the restaurant? It's still kicking and has been there since 1935, apparently. Maybe they've got some old stock hanging around downstairs...

JerryIsBored

Post by JerryIsBored »

zargosh wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:50 pm Did you try contacting the restaurant? It's still kicking and has been there since 1935, apparently. Maybe they've got some old stock hanging around downstairs...
I did contact them through their Facebook page, and they said that they no longer have the design or a copy of the shirt. They did however say that they may have some pictures of Pink Floyd in their catalog somewhere. They also said that they may try to bring back the design for a throwback event someday.