Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
qquicksilver

Vintage 1980s 1990's Comic Book T Shirts

Post by qquicksilver »

I've worked in/owned comic shops since the 80's. I have a few shirts that i've worn occasionally since. Can anyone tell me if they are anything special?
Attachments
2009 Red Sonja Comic T-Shirt
Vintage The Search For Ray Palmer T-Shirt
Vintage The Search For Ray Palmer T-Shirt
Vintage Marshall Law Comic Book Dark Horse T-Shirt
Vintage Marshall Law Comic Book Dark Horse T-Shirt
Vintage Marshall Law Comic Book Mercy My Ass T-Shirt
Vintage Marshall Law Comic Book Mercy My Ass T-Shirt
Vintage Marvel 1988 The Punisher T-Shirt
Vintage Marvel 1988 The Punisher T-Shirt
Vintage 1988 The Punisher Skull T-Shirt
Vintage 1988 The Punisher Skull T-Shirt
Vintage 1988 The Punisher T-Shirt
Vintage 1988 The Punisher T-Shirt
Vintage The Eradicator from Death of Superman T-Shirt

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Vintage 1980s 1990's Comic Book T Shirts

Post by jimmyj »

Very cool thanks for sharing! Comic Book tees have come on huge in the last few years. The ones fetching the most appear to be Marvel, typically L or XL sized, and often big print/all-over print. Anything "Comic Image" Marvel is also super sought after.

That said, still great stuff here. The only one I think may not have much value is Superman, since they are so mass-produced. But I feel like DC will have its day in the sun soon, and then companies like Dark Horse will come into focus.

Sonja isn't yet vintage.

I just took a quick look past sales on Punisher tees, lots of 90s ones in the $400 range. Though they are more colorful and that's what appears to be hottest, but the 1988 aspect of yours is very cool.

If I were you and had been in that business I'd get in touch with former colleagues and contacts and see if you can dig up some deadstock!
Jimmy J

qquicksilver

Post by qquicksilver »

Thank you so much for the info. The Superman on isnt actually Superman. It's The Eradicator from Death of Superman. there was 4 different new supermans when he died and they made shirts for all of them. This was my fave. But thats just me geeking out. The Martial Law one is probably my prize, because i've never seen one like it and cant find it online anywhere. Its from the late 80's too.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

LOVE IT. Thanks for the knowledge, in that case, it could have decent value!
Jimmy J