Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
gezheng

is this disney piece legit?

Post by gezheng »

hi sir,is there any problem with the tag and stitches of this tee?I found the same tag for comparison, and in the last two pictures, it looks a bit different
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: is this disney piece legit?

Post by jimmyj »

It looks okay to me, what are your concerns with it?
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

gezheng

Post by gezheng »

I found several identical tees (show in pictures) whose collar stitchs are different from this one, and the font of this tee's collar tag is also relatively thin compared to others(Is this also related to the ink and printing issues of the printer?), so I'm not sure if it's legit. I marked the points where I had doubts in the first picture
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Love the sleuthing you do!

The fact that tags have organic inconsistencies is annoying. This looks like a case of a slight variation of the tag - it could have been a different run, or as you mentioned ink related, any number of issues at the time it was printed.

The inside hem is explained by being sewn in and not and using different blanks.

Here's a good example, 80s Blue Bar Hanes tags - look at the differences between the Hanes 100%:

https://www.defunkd.com/vintage-t-shirt ... rand=hanes
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

gezheng

Post by gezheng »

Hello again , after I did some reserch, I have found the source of tee, it's a high-quality knockoff made in China, priced around $10. There is a nameplate with the name of the printer written on it under the collar tag :( :( :(
And thanks to JimmyJ for helping me.
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Is there a link to it online?
Jimmy J

gezheng

Post by gezheng »

it's a second-hand market app, where you can buy and sell vintage. Of course, fake goods are just like fish in water there. High quality counterfeit tee can even imitate the printing scrimp and fade of tee, the collar tag is almost the same as the original one. I displayed one of them in the pictures. The printing cracks looks strange, it is not natural, then I found the prototype of this tee and showed in the last two pictures(it has been confirmed to be a fake, which price on the app is $10 and is copied in China too),it can be seen that the old tee maybe evolved from this one
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Can you please post these ones in a separate thread?

Which app we'd like to investigate!
Jimmy J

gezheng

Post by gezheng »

yes, post them again, and the app is here:

https://market.m.taobao.com/app/idleFis ... _weex=true

You can download the app from the page, after installation, you need to register an account. I know there are many guys in China who copy original vintage and sell them on this app, priced between $10 and $50

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Thanks! This one is hard to investigate because it's not easy to navigate around the app.

A few thoughts:

1. There is a true vintage clothing scene in China, although yes, it's also a hotspot for fakes.

2. Just because there's a tag with another language attached, doesn't mean it's fake. Maybe it's a price tag, any idea what it says?

3. There is also a trend of counterfeit sellers based there using real images of vintage t-shirts they scrape from other marketplaces and sending something else they've manufactured.

I would really have to do a deep dive into this one, I will put it on my list of things to do. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Jimmy J