Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
Chadwick3030

1941-1949 Harley Davidson Vintage T-shirt???

Post by Chadwick3030 »

My wife has been selling vintage clothing for years and I've recently been researching trying to find a niche for myself and have settled on t-shirts.

My wife recently found this t-shirt and I've been doing some research on it and the best clue I found was the tag: wpl#7190

both your site and the ftc.gov site say the same thing, wpl numbers were issued from 1941 through 1959. Also the size is smaller than normal which I know is also another good sign that the shirt may be authentic. It runs 25 inches top to bottom and 18 inches from pit to pit.

I love the info I've been getting from this site, this is my first time posting and I would love to know what the experts here think of this. Thank you!
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: 1941-1949 Harley Davidson Vintage T-shirt???

Post by jimmyj »

Welcome! And great first post! You can safely say its from the 70s. The 80s tees typically have some sort of branding. 40s printed tees have different construction...and printed tees are mostly on white. The number was likely issued in that time period but they just kept using it. It still a great rare print with lots of value. Is there anything on the back?

I entered the wpl into the database lookup - comesback with H L Miller & Son which has some ties to women's clothing but couldnt find any tee links. Looks to no longer be in existence.
Jimmy J

Chadwick3030

Post by Chadwick3030 »

There's nothing on the back. If I wanted to learn more about the shirt could you point me in the right direction? You mentioned a wpl database, is there a wpl/rn database that anyone can use? I would like to sell it but need to get some more information. And of course I will keep reading articles on this site! Thanks!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Will tell you about the company associated with that wpl number - not about shirt or print:

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/textilern/wrnquery$.startup

good luck with your sale!
Jimmy J