Post a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
Going forward you can efer to our appraisal guide: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
tendodojoman

1985 Metallica tour shirt with "alterations"

Post by tendodojoman »

The previous owner seems to have had some fun with this shirt sadly, what do you think it's worth in it's current condition? My lovely girlfriend (who demanded I cut her head off) is your model. I figure a girl her size could be interested? Has no tag either.
Attachments
mett2.jpg
mett2.jpg (33.17 KiB) Viewed 2681 times
mett1.jpg
mett1.jpg (29.45 KiB) Viewed 2681 times

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: 1985 Metallica tour shirt with "alterations"

Post by jimmyj »

Haha my wife has made the same demand! It's cool - just have to find the right buyer - list it on eBay with those photos, it will sell. It's a bootleg, doesn't really matter though. I wouldn't auction, would set a BIN price - make sure to put distressed and DIY in the title. Might get $35-$50 out of it, but again, be patient as will need the right buyer.
Jimmy J

tendodojoman

Post by tendodojoman »

I highly doubt it's a bootleg, I got this and about 50 other concert/Harley shirts off of a friends dad who is a long time concert security guy. A bunch of them are all chopped up like this, sadly.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

concert security would also give him access to tees that were confiscated by guys selling them in the parking lot. can just tell by the design. i think boots are damn cool and more rare than originals.

p.s. did u flip the photo or is it printed backwards?
Jimmy J

tendodojoman

Post by tendodojoman »

I flipped the photo I guess by accident when I was cutting off my girlfriends head...