Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
archivedthreads

The Simpsons Bart Simpson Yale University Shirt

Post by archivedthreads »

I recently found this 1990 Bart Simpson x Yale University t-shirt. It's missing the tag but is dated 1990 and it is single stitch so I have little doubt that it's a reprint. Appears to be a children's shirt. Still, after searching online, I have yet to come across this T-shirt (I have found a couple of others that are similar with different universities) Wondering what this Tee might be worth, Thanks!
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: The Simpsons Bart Simpson Yale University Shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Very cool. The kid's size definitely takes the value down quite a bit. Old Simpsons tees as well as the bootlegs all have value. Strangely some of the bootlegs have more - probably because of how mass-produced the legit ones are. This one was probably made in small batch, but can't see it fetching much more than $50 unless there are YALE collectors out there...who will pay a premium for anything Yale related?
Jimmy J

archivedthreads

Post by archivedthreads »

Interesting, thank you for the quick reply. Just curious, if it were adult size, how much do you think it'd be worth? Also from what I've found among a few similar tees is that they're all children's sizes.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

To a Bart tee collector I don't often see them get more than $100. But jury is still out if a Yale collector would pay a premium.
Jimmy J