Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
mmwow

Is this Rolling Stones shirt authentic?

Post by mmwow »

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and vintage t-shirts in general and was hoping you could help me out. I found what appears to be a 1994 Rolling Stones Voodoo Lounge Tour t-shirt in a thrift store. Or maybe it's someone's homemade version. I don't know. What do you think? Here are the details:

size: XL
Brand on tag: Caribbean Dream
Length: 27-1/2 inches from top of shoulder to bottom of shirt
Width: 22-1/2 inches from armpit to armpit
Graphics: It appears to be a two-color printed shirt (black and white skulls) with other colors added on top with what look to me like iron-on applications.
Copyright: The only copyright symbol I see looks like a sunrise icon (see picture).
Attachments
Front of RS VooDoo shirt
Front of RS VooDoo shirt
RS VooDoo Front.jpg (83.08 KiB) Viewed 3718 times
RS VooDoo shirt copyright
RS VooDoo shirt copyright
RS VooDoo copyright.jpg (68.9 KiB) Viewed 3718 times
RS VooDoo shirt tag
RS VooDoo shirt tag
RS VooDoo Tag.jpg (64.82 KiB) Viewed 3718 times
Back of RS VooDoo shirt
Back of RS VooDoo shirt
RS VooDoo Back.jpg (90.2 KiB) Viewed 3718 times

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Is this Rolling Stones shirt authentic?

Post by jimmyj »

Seems far too intricate to be homemade. I wouldnt worry about it being fake but it takes a special customer to wear something like that!
Jimmy J

mmwow

Re: Is this Rolling Stones shirt authentic?

Post by mmwow »

Very true. My first thought when I saw the shirt was "cool! Rolling Stones!" My second thought was "this is one ugly shirt!" :) Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the feedback.