Help build a resource for vintage t-shirt brand by discussing and posting photos of labels.
jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: SCHWARTZ tag: Any info on this Motorhead shirt and brand?

Post by jimmyj »

Investigating more - when I search eBay for "Schwartz, Vintage T-Shirt" checking the "search description" option:

http://www.ebay.com/dsc/i.html?_from=R4 ... ge+t-shirt

A ton of modern day results are returned. One color prints. If you dig more into the listings some say brand: schwartz, delta, Gildan. "Scwartz a new your based punk and rock and roll t-shirt manufacturer"

I think they are a relatively recent repro outfit - that at some point tried to repackage the tees with more convincing vintage labels obviously sewn in. I know what you mean - the tag does look old - the one you posted is a type of material that will look old and wrinkled after a single wash. And the double tag issue - that doesn't convince me these tees are 70s or 80s.

Hey, I was duped by the photo - if you read my first comment in this thread about it.

But I've been picking through vintage tees for over a decade now, and this post was the first I'd seen the brand - which sets of alarm bells.
Jimmy J