Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
84rms

Dr. Dre The Chronic Death Row Records Vintage T-Shirt Single Stitch

Post by 84rms »

Got this when I was living in LA maybe late 1990 or early 2000s, it is single stitch but no date anywhere, wondering if anyone has seen this front and back and an estimate of what it might sell for. Thanks.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Dr. Dre The Chronic Death Row Records Vintage T-Shirt Single Stitch

Post by jimmyj »

Did some digging but can't seem to find any other instances of that particular print. Where did you buy it? Death Row Records logo isn't entirely accurate....ha.

Sold listings of Chronic tees come in between $75-150. Mostly without that back detail so it's hard to say if that would bump the value. It is mint but an 80s Hanes L - which takes the value down a few notches - will basically be an M/S by today's standards.

I'd keep your eyes peeled for anything else that pops up like it. But also seems like the market is flooded with Chronic tees. That said, it's also unique, probably not official...which can sometimes help the value and sometimes not.

Stumped, but would be surprised if had a ton more value than the above figures.
Jimmy J

84rms

Post by 84rms »

well I did a lot of thrifting in those days in Los Angeles and would have bought it then at a LA thrift shop so maybe they were something that was not sold because of the Death Row logo being off. I am just digging through all these tee shirts that I bought in those days and going to list them on ebay. Will see if anyone else has any other ideas. The closest I have seen to this is at this link https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000990445524.html but it does not seem to have anything on the back and no longer any for sale.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I think I spotted some hoodies that have a matching front - and a death row back, just nothing that matches yours. It's unique! I don't think that it being a potential bootleg takes away any value, maybe even boosts its value.
Jimmy J

84rms

Post by 84rms »

thanks for your responses, really appreciate it. N

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

no probs, let us know if you dig anything up!
Jimmy J