Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
gillgomz

Tag Authenticity Check Giant Tag

Post by gillgomz »

Hello!Im new here and i want a feedback from you guys,can you help me authenticate if this giant tag is a legit one?Big thanks šŸ˜‡
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Tag Authenticity Check Giant Tag

Post by jimmyj »

At first glance the print looks accurate enough. Are you concerned about the sewn-in tag?

In your other post you included a photo of the etsy listing with the tag - but it looks different than this version? the other one has the partial white stitching.
Jimmy J

gillgomz

Post by gillgomz »

Yes my concern is between the two sewn-in tags,are they both legit giant tags?Thank you

gillgomz

Post by gillgomz »

My concern is that the two sewn-in tag have different stitchings on them.Is it possible that they are both legit giant tags?Thanks

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Ok, so as discussed, Giant has issued prints with sewn-in tags.

What I don't like about this is that after looking through about 10 other versions of this shirt on eBay and in the past listings - I can't find a single instance of this tag on them. They are all the "made in el salvador" Giant tags.

There are also a ton of repros floating around - https://www.ebay.com/itm/313796267222 though from what I can tell - your print is not one of those (I thought maybe someone just swapped in the tag)

Yours has a back print?

Here's what you can do to further investigate:

Look around Etsy, Grailed and Depop and see if you can find another instance with this print with the same tag as yours.

Get the measurements of your shirt - and compare them to a known legit M giant t-shirt with the exact same tag. (The reason for this being to see if someone swapped a tag onto a shirt that isn't actually a regular Giant M)

You can use our tag archive to help you:

https://www.defunkd.com/brand/giant/
Jimmy J

gillgomz

Post by gillgomz »

Yes,it has a back print i will attached the pic
Attachments

gillgomz

Post by gillgomz »

The dimensions ive check are true to a giant tag medium shirt

gillgomz

Post by gillgomz »

Actually i did find some just now in grailed with same sewn-in tags and prints.Any thoughts?
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Thanks! Great research, thanks for contributing those images. If the dimensions check out and we've found other instances that's a plus for sure. Are all of those from Adore tees? I can see two of them are.

From what I can see, it checks out. BUT I wouldn't ever sign off on that until I did an analysis of the print. Do you have it in your possession or are you considering buying it and sending photos from the listing?

Hit one of the selling platforms and get a big image of a known original and put it side by side with the images of the shirt in question, comb over it and make sure the details are all there. Look for differences, omitted details, inaccuracies, etc. As I linked earlier - you can see how details of a copy don't match up and this will become especially obvious once you have them side by side.
Jimmy J

gillgomz

Post by gillgomz »

Yes im planning to buy one but im not sure because of the sewn-in tag