Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
Sistemsaraf

Wild oats green day eat your parents legit

Post by Sistemsaraf »

Can I get a legit/vintage check on this shirt
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Wild oats green day legit

Post by jimmyj »

It looks okay to me. Tag checks out - doesn't match with our known WO fakes - there's one example here:

https://www.defunkd.com/vintage-tee-authenticity-quiz/

One red flag to look out for with fake Wild Oats tags - the border above isn't visible. This one it's tight, but I've seen others like that. Also the spacing on either side of the . where it says the size.

I managed to find another example on a WO tag, but primarily seems to be Brockum, but with a different copyright script that indicates Brockum, that looks like it was added after the fact.

I've noticed there's some variance in the green in terms of being dark and lighter, but seems to be typical across ones with similar tags, Brockum.

What concerns did you have?
Jimmy J

Sistemsaraf

Post by Sistemsaraf »

thanks in advance, I'm a bit confused with the registered ® symbol under the WO tag, I tried to find out and most of the WO tags that match this have no registered ® symbol under it.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Interesting, never noticed that. But if you review the tags in our database, you'll see other examples with that same symbol.

https://www.defunkd.com/brand/wild-oats/

I think you posted this on Legiteem8 recently - you might consider using expert feedback and ask that it be authenticated by BETTERVINTAGECO - he'll have the best idea as to the WILD OATS and BROCKUM thing, as for the most part these seem to be on BROCKUM.
Jimmy J

Sistemsaraf

Re: Wild oats green day eat your parents legit

Post by Sistemsaraf »

thank you jimmy, yes this tag is the same as the green day tag for the promo insomniac shirt in the database,
other than that what makes me confused is that most WO tags if there is a registered symbol under wild oats then the description below the size is "care & content over", but if there is no registered symbol under wild oats then the description under the size is "see reverse for care"
but in this tag, there is a registered symbol but the description after size is "see reverse for care".

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

It's tricky indeed - another reason we can't rely on tag as much.

Because there are numerous versions and variations on tags that are legit.

Hanes for example:

https://www.defunkd.com/brand/hanes/

Take a look at the blue bar ones in the link above - and you can see from tag to tag, many slight differences in fonts, thickness, spacing - and these are all legit.
Jimmy J

Sistemsaraf

Post by Sistemsaraf »

oh.. i understand, thanks a lot for the explanation jimmy

zargosh

Post by zargosh »

I found a similar tag on a shirt on Grailed. Seems to be the same text, layout, and registered symbol. They had a reverse shot of the tag, too, so you could compare that as well.