Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
kyubi18

Kobe Bryant Tee

Post by kyubi18 »

Just making sure this piece is L. in my impression looks L. but yeah I need some expert's eye on this one 🙂

21.5x28 on a Lee sports Tag, 2-2-2 stitching. not dated but accdg to my findings, like the shoe model he wearing on the photo is an Adidas KB8 III which he wore several times during the 1999-2000 NBA Season (the year Kobe and shaq won their 1st ring). So I guess this one is from like year 2000. not pretty sure. check out this pics. the details on the shoe. especially on the tongue part (the 'Y'-like pattern and the collar (the one i encircled) are the same with the Adidas KB8 III
Attachments
Kobe Bryant Tee
Kobe Bryant Tee
Kobe Bryant Tee
Kobe Bryant Tee
Last edited by kyubi18 on Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kyubi18

Re: Kobe Bryant Tee

Post by kyubi18 »

Kobe Bryant Tee
Kobe Bryant Tee
Kobe Bryant Tee
Kobe Bryant Tee
Kobe Bryant Tee

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Love the attention to detail! I found another one of these online, matches yours, same tag.

And he switched to number 24 in 2006.

Apparently, he started buzzing his hair in 2002.

So we know it's vintage. It's legit for sure.

Could it be these?

Jimmy J

kyubi18

Post by kyubi18 »

jimmyj wrote: ↑Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:21 am Love the attention to detail! I found another one of these online, matches yours, same tag.

And he switched to number 24 in 2006.

Apparently, he started buzzing his hair in 2002.

So we know it's vintage. It's legit for sure.

Could it be these?

yeah that one is a good hit, too. it matches every detail of the shoe. and also if you look closely, you see the black patch on the left shoulder part of the jersey, the calf band he wearin also. kobe did not use the same calf band for a long period. he also used a leg sleeve sometime around 2001 finals when they were against the Iverson era Sixers if I'm not mistaken.

so, is it safe to say that this shirt is from around 2000?
Attachments
Kobe Bryant Tee

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I think it's a fair estimate, the problem is someone could have used an outdated photo later on, so impossible to know for sure unfortunately but you've done your due diligence!
Jimmy J