Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
Afsheen

Fake Never mind the Bullocks Sex Pistols Seditionaries T-Shirt

Post by Afsheen »

Lemme know bout this t shirt. Just because i see the art too small than i see in the similar website. But the tags is make me feel its legit, how bout you?
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Never mind the Bullocks Sex Pistols Seditionaries T-Shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Full disclosure, anything Seds/SP-related scares me, I wont authenticate them, and it's always been a niche I've avoided on our app - because of how complicated they are in terms of fakes. It seems that no one can conclusively agree on what's real and fake, and no one trusts any particular expert on the subject. I've been told that there is a book that contains fake items. It's a complete mess.

Because this one is a t-shirt, and immediately appeared sus, I reached out to the archivist who runs:

https://www.instagram.com/seditionaries.in.the.uk/

He said these are made in Thailand (no surprise there) and being sold in Japan.

Here are the various reasons he cited for it being fake:

1. Why would there be an apostrophe after VIVIENNE’ ? Who in the world has an apostrophe after their first name?
2. The tee was produced for Warner Bros as Sex Pistols merch sent to radio DJs etc. It’s not a Seditionaries t-shirt. It wasn’t produced by Westwood and McLaren
3. All of these tees are identical with sleeves cut off and print covering most of the tee. And they do not have Seditionaries tags as they were made in the US and distributed in the US.

And a tag analysis graphic he provided:
fake vintage Vivienne Westwood Malcolm McLaren Seditionaries Tag
fake vintage Vivienne Westwood Malcolm McLaren Seditionaries Tag
Jimmy J

Afsheen

Re: Fake Never mind the Bullocks Sex Pistols Seditionaries T-Shirt

Post by Afsheen »

:o :o Thankss for great answer Mr. Jimmy, sonproud of you.. juat because i asking bout that, i feel it. Than now im feel better to know a lot of my feelin.. Thanksss Team🫡

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Fake Never mind the Bullocks Sex Pistols Seditionaries T-Shirt

Post by jimmyj »

SO yeah, based on the response to our IG post, we wont be allowing any related t-shirts in our forum anymore. I wont delete this thread because it appears as though the only thing the community could agree on is that this particular shirt is fake, so this post can be useful in the future.
Jimmy J