Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
dxavoz

Legit Check on this Exorcist ‘Your Mother Sucks C*cks In Hell!’ tee

Post by dxavoz »

everything checks out imo, i just haven’t seen the shirt printed on that gildan . the tag does match the time when this shirt was released but thoughts??
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Legit Check on this Exorcist ‘Your Mother Sucks C*cks In Hell!’ tee

Post by jimmyj »

Released in the 2000s? I haven't seen one on Gildan either, I've seen it on JTs and FOTL Super Premium. But the print looks ok. The font on the back is correct.

There's quite a bit of hype about these tees - one of our authenticators did one and priced it at $1000 - but according to WorthPoint, one hasn't sold for much.

Where are they selling for that much? IG lives?
Jimmy J

dxavoz

Post by dxavoz »

It was being sold on grailed! by a reputable seller from what it seems. he’s sold some over the years, one actually with a gildan heavy cotton tag. 3 years ago i believe? i’m not sure if i can post links or not in the forum but if you’d like to see the listing i can reply with it attached!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Sure let's see it!
Jimmy J

dxavoz

Post by dxavoz »

Info on this shirt is scarce, from what i’ve been able to pick up and gather, so i really appreciate you guys helping me out!

my guess is that the shirt was printed on a later date from the originals. so although it’s not fake, it’s also not from the original printings either. but again that’s my best guess, everything else checks out, it’s just the tag haha. i can totally be wrong! what do you guys think? i’d love to learn more!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Yeah, I think it's a later print, the details match well with other OG prints I've looked at. I'm still wondering about the era of that tag, generally 2005-ish.

Jonathan on our app might have a better idea. Use ARC99 and it will be funneled to him.
Jimmy J

dxavoz

Post by dxavoz »

so all in all, what’s the final verdict? it is very odd, definitely not a shirt you see all the time. especially with that tag! any input or professional opinion on it? i’d really appreciate it! please and thank you

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I reviewed the print more carefully - it's a screen print, so we know that.

I compared it for fine details against two others I was able to find, and the fine details I zeroed in on are all there.

The tag isn't in our archive of fake Gildans.

The font on the back, the spacing, all seem to be ok.

But is it vintage? Not sure with that tag. Still not convinced it's 20 years old.

I found one posted 10 years ago on tshirtslayer, and it has red highlights, whereas yours, and several others have a more brownish highlights.
Have you seen a fake one of these? I can't seem to find one that's fake.

There's a Gildan Heavy Cotton one that was sold on Grailed.

What is the pit to pit?

Given it's an M, I think if it was a modern fake, it would be L or XL.

Gut says it's real, though not yet vintage, although, do we even know who put this shirt out originally? Is it licensed?
Jimmy J

dxavoz

Post by dxavoz »

exactly on point. i do agree though, if it were to be faked i would expect a more popoluar size , even a fake FOTL tag to go with it. i’ve seen some fakes but the prints are always off , whether its size or the ink/ printing itself (you can tell it’s a modern printing).

pit to pit is 20”

from what i’ve been able to gather, this MIGHT have came out alongside the european FOTL ones. seeing as that tag is from the 2000s as well.

the 90’s versions will either have JT tags or a 90’ screen stars by FOTL tag.

the 00’s versions will either have a euro FOTL or possibly, a gildan tag.

as for its origin, here’s my take.

in 1998, the exorcist movie was rereleased to the masses celebrating the 20+ years of the movie being released. there’s other merchandise from the movie that came around the 90’s and 00’s with no licensing to promote the rerelease of the movie. but what sets this shirt apart from those, is the movie name itself. although those don’t have licensing either, they all carry or have “The Exorcist” on it, this one doesn't.

in my humble opinion i’m 50% sure it’s a bootleg from the promo shirts that were released at the time (but of course, i could be wrong). seeing as it’s a little more vulgar and more scarce compared to all other promo merch.

it might be a stretch but that’s my take on all this. but by all means feel free to chime in! i’d love to finally figure out the history on this tee.