Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
booshfield42

Metallica and Justice for All Albums t-Shirt Rolling Stones Tag

Post by booshfield42 »

Looking at this shirt, it seems right, just until it gets to the second tag. I just find it odd that there’s no “made in __” anywhere on it. (Also, it is single stitch)
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Metallica and Justice for All Albums t-Shirt

Post by jimmyj »

That doesn't concern me. The tag is out of place though, but logically, no counterfeiter would find a RS Brockum tag and put it on a Metallica t-shirt.

I did try to find another example like that and I couldn't. So probably a mishap, but it makes sense as I was able to find it on two other Brockum tags and it's a Brockum licensed shirt.

I would just make sure the measurements make sense for an XL in that era.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

booshfield42

Re: Metallica and Justice for All Albums t-Shirt Rolling Stones Tag

Post by booshfield42 »

It measures 20” pit to pit, which seems about right to me from some other brockum shirts for other bands at that time. I measured a band tee that I have from 1983, Hanes, and it’s labeled an XL and it measures 20” as well. It just seems foreign to me for it not to have a “made in __” anywhere on the tags. I’ve never really encountered one that doesn’t. Maybe I’m just being too paranoid.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Metallica and Justice for All Albums t-Shirt Rolling Stones Tag

Post by jimmyj »

Was probably made in Canada. Measurements work, given the tag was prob carried over from the late 80s. I think you're ok here!
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)