Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
JackAsap

Legit check on a sewn in fruit of the loom tag

Post by JackAsap »

Has anyone seen a FOTL tag like this? Looks sewn in. Thanks for any info
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Legit check on a sewn in fruit of the loom tag

Post by jimmyj »

This is an interesting one.

There are a lot of reasons as to why a tag would be sewn in.

You've probably already read this but for anyone else - there's more about that here:

https://www.defunkd.com/authenticate-vi ... shirt-tag/

Having said that - it is a little odd that a FOTL tag would be sewn in. They are the ones manufacturing the t-shirt to begin with, so why would it be sewn in? In other legit examples, companies are using blanks that are manufactured by companies like FOTL, and for one reason or another didn't get their act together in time to have their tag sewn in during manufacture.

One potential reason could be that FOTL had a change in tag branding and wanted to remain consistent with new tags, so they took old stock and added in the new tag.

I'd be interested to know what is under the tag, if there are any remnants of another tag?

Another potential reason is that a counterfeiter is exploiting the fact that companies do this - and has sewn in a real tag into a fake tee.

What's the print on the shirt?
Jimmy J

JackAsap

Post by JackAsap »

jimmyj wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:33 am This is an interesting one.

There are a lot of reasons as to why a tag would be sewn in.

You've probably already read this but for anyone else - there's more about that here:

https://www.defunkd.com/authenticate-vi ... shirt-tag/

Having said that - it is a little odd that a FOTL tag would be sewn in. They are the ones manufacturing the t-shirt to begin with, so why would it be sewn in? In other legit examples, companies are using blanks that are manufactured by companies like FOTL, and for one reason or another didn't get their act together in time to have their tag sewn in during manufacture.

One potential reason could be that FOTL had a change in tag branding and wanted to remain consistent with new tags, so they took old stock and added in the new tag.

I'd be interested to know what is under the tag, if there are any remnants of another tag?

Another potential reason is that a counterfeiter is exploiting the fact that companies do this - and has sewn in a real tag into a fake tee.

What's the print on the shirt?

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Idk why they would have to sew it in when they’re making them. It a a code name kids next door
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I found the tee on eBay. And there's a second codename kid shirt on ebay - with no tag. I'd give this one a pass for now. The prints match. But would also keep an eye on it.

This is 2001 right? Seems ripe for some hypebeast IG seller to scoop it up and put it on a live auction.

But way too early for counterfeiters to be on top of that trend I think - a shirt has to prove to be valuable first.

But lets keep an eye on other Kids Next Door tees start popping up. And for other sewn in FOTL tags...I believe that's the first I've seen of FOTL.
Jimmy J