Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
Chuckboom

Vintage Old and in the Way Jerry Garcia T-shirt

Post by Chuckboom »

Hey everyone, I came across this Old and in the Way band t-shirt the other day and would love any feedback on what it may be worth. Thanks!
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Vintage Old and in the Way Jerry Garcia T-shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Wow. Never seen and I can't find another one anywhere else. Have you been able to? So it's tough to put a value on it. If we use early 70s Dead tees as a general gauge, I've seen many of them go in the $250-500 range.

The more obscure nature of this could make it super sought after, or, it could just fly under a lot of people's radar.

I could post this on our IG and see what the community thinks?
Jimmy J

Chuckboom

Post by Chuckboom »

jimmyj wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:31 pm Wow. Never seen and I can't find another one anywhere else. Have you been able to? So it's tough to put a value on it. If we use early 70s Dead tees as a general gauge, I've seen many of them go in the $250-500 range.

The more obscure nature of this could make it super sought after, or, it could just fly under a lot of people's radar.

I could post this on our IG and see what the community thinks?
I had the same train of thought. I’ve done a good amount of research and haven’t seen anything as far as t-shirts go. The art is from the back cover of their album done by the late great Greg Irons.

I would love if you could post this on your IG. Can’t thank you enough for the help!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Are you on IG, I can tag you if so, in case people want to purchase? or are you not selling?
Jimmy J

Chuckboom

Post by Chuckboom »

jimmyj wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:56 am Are you on IG, I can tag you if so, in case people want to purchase? or are you not selling?
Yeah my IG is AkronArchives. Please tag me in it! Thanks again!