Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
gezheng

warrant Cherry Pie vintage tee 1990

Post by gezheng »

I have some doubts. The print and color of this tee look a bit like a newly printed one, not the feeling of the 90s, especially the details of the hair. The font of the collar tag seems to be relatively thin. I found a tee with the same collar tag for comparison, show in the last three pictures, I don't know if anyone has any suggestions
Attachments
details comparison
details comparison
hair comparison
hair comparison
details comparison
details comparison

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: warrant Cherry Pie vintage tee 1990

Post by jimmyj »

First of all, THANK YOU for taking the time to compare with photos. This is amazing.

This t-shirt is okay.

For one, it's a screen print, you can tell by the cracking on both and the halftone dots.

The tag is legit.

I have yet to discover a fake Brockum collection tag, but this one checks out.

Colours aside, the fine details are there when I look at the closeups of the print. The only discrepancy I can see is that one of them looks like she has a mole on her cheek—but that's likely a print error.

The highlights in her hair, everything that I look at in one photo, is in the other.

But yes, there's a difference in color. But that can be explained by many things - even washing, wear. But it usually happens at the source when printing - the screen printers use slightly different color inks, or they're just having an off day.

There's a great explanation over on this page:

real-or-repro-f8/legit-check-for-megade ... t6187.html
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

gezheng

Re: warrant Cherry Pie vintage tee 1990

Post by gezheng »

thanks for your answer