SELLING YOUR TEE? Use our consignment program and keep up to 90% of the profit!

www.defunkd.com/consign
We provide authentication and appraisals for free. To help us continue this work and support the G.O.A.T.S. program, please consider purchasing a Brockum logo T-shirt from our shop.

www.defunkd.com/cat/brockum/
Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
Post Reply
VWtype2
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2026 9:14 pm

Identifying this GD Lot Shirt CANADA

Post by VWtype2 »

Hi all, I'm looking for help identifying a vintage Grateful Dead shirt from one of the rare stops they made north of the border. Based on the research I've done I believe Ive narrowed it down to one of the Kingswood Music Center (at Canada's Wonderland) shows

​June 21, 1984: They played a "Summer Solstice" show with The Band serving as their opening act.
​June 30, 1987: They made a one-off Canadian stop during their 1987 summer tour.

I've been led astray a couple of times with information stating that the "Danse Macabre" graphic was pointing to the 1990 Copps coliseum shows in Hamilton Ontario. It could have been screened on deadstock Tee's left over from the 80s. Tee shirt all single stitched


Any help would be absolutely amazing!
Attachments
Tag
Tag
Tag
Tag
Graphic
Graphic

jimmyj
Site Admin
Posts: 7177
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: Identifying this GD Lot Shirt CANADA

Post by jimmyj »

I love this research here, there's no back print right?

GD was so heavily bootlegged, that it could easily have been sold in headshops in the 80s and not officially related to or unofficially related to any particular show.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

VWtype2
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2026 9:14 pm

Re: Identifying this GD Lot Shirt CANADA

Post by VWtype2 »

So,.nothing on the back of the shirt. I think the Mr. Brief shirt was deadstock that was used to screen the image during the Hamilton Copps show in the spring of 1990. I cannot find another shirt like it, although I've seen the image on a sign and ticket I believe. Thanks.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post