Looking for opinions on this Metallica Damage Inc. shirt.
Metallica 100% cotton Made in USA tag, size L. Reverse of tag reads ©1991 Metallica, Under License to Brockum, RN 69761. Front graphic has ©1987 Metallica and Pushead signature. Damage Inc. / “Honesty Is My Only Excuse” back graphic. Single stitch.
I purchased it secondhand and recently had someone question its authenticity, so I’d like to verify it before selling it as vintage/original.
Does the tag, print and construction look consistent with an authentic early-90s Brockum example, or are there signs of a modern reproduction/counterfeit?
Thanks for any help.
We provide authentication and appraisals for free. To help us continue this work and support the G.O.A.T.S. program, please consider purchasing a Brockum logo T-shirt from our shop.
www.defunkd.com/cat/brockum/
www.defunkd.com/cat/brockum/
-
tuckerwhitmore93
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2026 2:15 pm
Re: 1991 Metallica Damage Inc. Pushead Brockum Tag – Legit Check
Thai counterfeit.
Jimmy J
(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)
(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)
-
tuckerwhitmore93
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2026 2:15 pm
Re: 1991 Metallica Damage Inc. Pushead Brockum Tag – Legit Check
Hey, thanks for taking the time to look at my Metallica shirt! Could you explain what specifically makes you believe it's a counterfeit? Is it the tag, print, copyright, or something else? If you have any photos of an authentic example or known reproduction to compare it with, that would be extremely helpful. I'm trying to understand exactly what I have and learn how to spot these differences in the future. I really appreciate your help!
Re: 1991 Metallica Damage Inc. Pushead Brockum Tag – Legit Check
The print is low quality in terms of details - the tag is indexed in our fake tag archive, google it!
Jimmy J
(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)
(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)
-
- Similar Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 0 Replies
- 85 Views
-
Last post by tuckerwhitmore93
-
- 1 Replies
- 146 Views
-
Last post by Lucasxavier
-
- 1 Replies
- 2137 Views
-
Last post by jimmyj
-
- 4 Replies
- 736 Views
-
Last post by jimmyj
-
- 4 Replies
- 700 Views
-
Last post by 188vintage
