Hi all, I'm looking for help identifying a vintage Grateful Dead shirt from one of the rare stops they made north of the border. Based on the research I've done I believe Ive narrowed it down to one of the Kingswood Music Center (at Canada's Wonderland) shows
June 21, 1984: They played a "Summer Solstice" show with The Band serving as their opening act.
June 30, 1987: They made a one-off Canadian stop during their 1987 summer tour.
I've been led astray a couple of times with information stating that the "Danse Macabre" graphic was pointing to the 1990 Copps coliseum shows in Hamilton Ontario. It could have been screened on deadstock Tee's left over from the 80s. Tee shirt all single stitched
Any help would be absolutely amazing!
SELLING YOUR TEE? Use our consignment program and keep up to 90% of the profit!
www.defunkd.com/consign
www.defunkd.com/consign
We provide authentication and appraisals for free. To help us continue this work and support the G.O.A.T.S. program, please consider purchasing a Brockum logo T-shirt from our shop.
www.defunkd.com/cat/brockum/
www.defunkd.com/cat/brockum/
Re: Identifying this GD Lot Shirt CANADA
I love this research here, there's no back print right?
GD was so heavily bootlegged, that it could easily have been sold in headshops in the 80s and not officially related to or unofficially related to any particular show.
GD was so heavily bootlegged, that it could easily have been sold in headshops in the 80s and not officially related to or unofficially related to any particular show.
Jimmy J
(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)
(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)
Re: Identifying this GD Lot Shirt CANADA
So,.nothing on the back of the shirt. I think the Mr. Brief shirt was deadstock that was used to screen the image during the Hamilton Copps show in the spring of 1990. I cannot find another shirt like it, although I've seen the image on a sign and ticket I believe. Thanks.
-
- Similar Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 0 Replies
- 3723 Views
-
Last post by TimeForMemories
-
- 0 Replies
- 6046 Views
-
Last post by Adam10045
-
- 0 Replies
- 5619 Views
-
Last post by jimmyj
-
- 4 Replies
- 6999 Views
-
Last post by jimmyj
-
- 3 Replies
- 10999 Views
-
Last post by jimmyj
