Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
cattikit

Vintage 1993 Nirvana Heart-Shaped Box T-Shirt

Post by cattikit »

Hi there! I have a Nirvana shirt I purchased about 30 years ago (around 93) and there is a vintage shirt company interested in buying it off of me but I want to make sure they are offering me a fair price. The shirt has some gold coming off of the last four letters of Nirvana but is in mint condition other than that. I can't find this particular one online with the "Backstage Pass" tag but it does have the copyright printed on the shirt. Could someone have a look and let me know what it could roughly be worth? Thank you!!
Attachments
Vintage 1993 Nirvana Heart-Shaped Box  T-Shirt

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Vintage 1993 Nirvana Heart-Shaped Box T-Shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Awesome. Where did you purchase it?

These t-shirts bring in quite a bit - what are they offering you?

https://www.defunkd.com/blog/2010/01/20 ... -t-shirts/
Jimmy J

cattikit

Post by cattikit »

I bought it at a shop called Rock World in Niagara Falls, Ontario (Canada). They've been around since the early 80s.

The store that is interested haven't told me what they are offering me yet - I'm driving to them today to find out. I saw the shirt on a news special they did and called them to tell them I have it. They are selling it for $4000 in there store but theirs has the Giant tag. When I called they said it's not worth as much as the one they have but it is worth "a good chunk", which is not very helpful considering I'm driving over an hour to get there. I guess they want to see it in person first.

Is it worth less because it has a different tag? It still has the copyright and the date printed on it. I would love to have an idea of what it's actually worth before I go in there. Thanks for your reply!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Not sure if you saw the list I sent, but there's another Canadian version of the HSB and it went for more than $4k. Sometimes these small details mean they are extra rare. I'm not fully certain in this instance though, but I can't imagine, given he condition, it would be worth much less than the Giant version.

We do have a nirvana expert on our app that will know more!
Jimmy J