Ask advice and get tips from expert vintage sellers and buyers.
Gnome-Lampy-UK

Nirvana Nevermind 1991 UK tour Blue Long Sleeve + Pass

Post by Gnome-Lampy-UK »

Hi All.

I was lighting supplier/crew for the 1991 Nirvana Nevermind UK tour from Bradford up until Kilburn National. I saw on this site that one of the promotors and the monitor engineer had sold their rare (70ish made) blue long sleeve tour T-Shirt for a small fortune. The crew were all given one of these and I still have mine, although not in as good condition as the promotor's as I wore it while working on the tour and for a short while afterwards.
Fortunately I don't like wearing long sleeves so it has spent most of the past 30 years in various drawers. I am thinking about selling it and I also have my laminated AAA tour pass and an original itinerary which could go too.

I am completely new to the memorabilia game but was wondering if anyone has any hints on the best way to sell them or fancies making me an offer. If you do then get in touch.
I also still have about 40 of the lights we used sitting around in my garage if anyone fancies one as an ornament.....

Sorry - I deleted the photo in case a swathe of counterfeit tor passes suddenly appear (although you would have to know what was on the back ;) ) I have posted a different on without the pass.
Attachments
Nirvana Nevermind 1991 UK tour Blue Long Sleeve + Pass
Last edited by Gnome-Lampy-UK on Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Nirvana Nevermind 1991 UK tour Blue Long Sleeve + Pass

Post by jimmyj »

Very cool! You saw it here?

https://www.defunkd.com/blog/2010/01/20 ... -t-shirts/

Honestly, eBay would probably be best. You could shop it around to some of the collectors - are you on IG I can pass along some accounts you could try.

Alternatively there's a FB group for selling - but that is mostly dealers - so you won't get the most bang for your buck.
Jimmy J

Gnome-Lampy-UK

Post by Gnome-Lampy-UK »

Hi Jimmy, thanks for your help. my company instagram is zigzag.lighting.

All the best, Kev

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I sent this thread to 3 nirvana tee collectors, good luck!
Jimmy J

Backdoorvintage

Post by Backdoorvintage »

Hey , Great shirt! How do I get in contact with you about purchasing, thank you

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

If you check our IG, we posted his IG account there.
Jimmy J