Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
lpalf

Is this Bob Dylan 1978 tour Authentic?

Post by lpalf »

Hey all, have been wanting to get this shirt for some time and found a woman who has it listed on a few sites for a relatively decent price, and wanted to check if anyone can tell the authenticity. I’ve compared it against a few others that are currently posted around the internet and there are definitely some differences in collar stitchings and tags but I don’t know which ones are legit (or if they all are and the shirt just had several versions). I know this design has been printed and reprinted and continues to be reprinted by people online so I’d like to get a real one if possible. The sizing as written on her listing is “Armpit to Armpit, 19"
Shoulder to hem, 23 1/2"”. Thanks for any help!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Is this Bob Dylan 1978 tour Authentic?

Post by jimmyj »

These were printed on various tags. And yes, they have been faked, and most recently reproduced for $19.99.

At first glance, that tag, and the measurements, I don't think you have anything to worry about here. I've checked on this print before - and if memory serves, there can be subtle differences in the print, between legit versions.

I did find another one with what appears to be the same tag as yours, same basic collar stitching, but in a different size, but with the exact same type of wear.
Attachments
Jimmy J

lpalf

Re: Is this Bob Dylan 1978 tour Authentic?

Post by lpalf »

Thank you!! Excited to finally get it!