Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
Sugoiboy

Legit check please - Judge Dredd Megazine

Post by Sugoiboy »

Hi,

Hoping to get some insight and thoughts on this vintage Judge Dredd T.

I’m quite new to collecting vintage shirts this might literally be my second potential purchase.

I was about to pick up the shirt from Facebook market place until I found the same shirt on Grailed.

What raised a flag for me was the fruit of the loom tag on the shirt on the Grailed website. The tag showed “Heavy Cotton” in comparison with the shirt on Facebook market place showing “Classic Valueweight”

The shirt on the market place also appears to be more vibrant and almost new like in comparison to the shirt on Grailed which appears to have a more natural fade.

When I raised my concerns with the seller his response was “ Hey mate, based on my research the classic valueweight tag was used around 2002-2004. The tee and print are in the same condition as when I purchased them from an op shop a few years ago. I’d assume the shirt was donated unworn.”

The measurements of the shirt are:
Chest - 51cm
Back - 72cm

Here is a link for the shirt listed on Grailed:

https://www.grailed.com/listings/549318 ... e-20-years

Hoping to get any input or guidance regarding the shirt. I just want to make sure it’s authentic before I make the 1 hour trip to the seller.
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Legit check please - Judge Dredd Megazine

Post by jimmyj »

I think you're okay here - those tags are somewhat interchangeable. Colors being off or being dull can be due to washing and inks used at the time. The tag on the marketplace version looks crispy which helps explain the vibrancy in the print.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

Sugoiboy

Re: Legit check please - Judge Dredd Megazine

Post by Sugoiboy »

Thank you for your insight JimmyJ I really appreciate it! Wishing you a great day =]